FREE STANDARD SHIPPING
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Easy, Hassle-Free Returns
Probiotics are defined as microorganisms that provide benefits to their host. Humans rely on resident microorganisms, including probiotics, to keep our bodies healthy and functioning properly, but diet and other factors can alter our healthy bacteria1*.
Research strongly supports the benefits of probiotics for the digestive system, including evidence that these healthy bacteria improve symptoms associated with several intestinal conditions1*.
While we think of our digestive system mainly for its role in processing food and getting us the nutrients that we need, it is also one of the most active components of our immune system. Data suggest that probiotic bacteria directly and indirectly enhance a protective immune response2,3*.
Probiotics have also been shown to have an important impact on the absorption, use, and storage of energy from the food we consume, including the generation of beneficial short-chain fatty acids that promote weight regulation2*.
Since probiotics must make it through the stomach to be effective3 , the beneficial properties of a probiotic product depend on its survival in a harsh, acidic environment. Physician’s Choice delayed-release capsules are acid-resistant, offering a critical layer of protection to keep the probiotic organisms viable on their journey to the intestines4*.
*THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE, OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE.
Physician’s Choice 60B Probiotic contains highly researched acid and bile resistant strains, each of which offer unique benefits for gut and immune health1,2,3*.
Prebiotic fiber provides food for probiotic organisms, creating a more effective “synbiotic” product once it reaches the small intestine. Very few probiotic products on the market contain prebiotic ingredients, reducing the efficacy and benefits that are sought from a probiotic supplement4*.
Organic Jerusalem Artichoke Root & Organic Chicory Root are both good sources of inulin, a natural plant-based source of indigestible fiber that is consumed by the microorganisms in your digestive tract. These prebiotic ingredients have been shown to enrich the microbiome and improve bowel function, along with immunosupportive benefits. 5*
Organic Acacia Senegal: An additional source of prebiotic fiber that has also been studied in-vitro for its ability to support tight-junctions between intestinal epithelial cells, leading to a more robust gut barrier. As a result, the body is better able to block harmful bacteria from entering your bloodstream and causing inflammation6*.
1. Wilkins T, Sequoia J. Probiotics for Gastrointestinal Conditions: A Summary of the Evidence. American Family Physician. 2017; 96(3):170-178.
2. Krajmalnik-Brown R, Ilhan Z, Kang, D, DiBaise JK. Effects of Gut Microbes on Nutrient Absorption and Energy Regulation. Nutr Clin Pract. 2012; 27(2):201-214.
3. Galdeano CM, Cazorla SI, Lemme Dumit JM, et al. Beneficial Effects of Probiotic Consumption on the Immune System. Ann Nutr Metab. 2019; 74:115-124.
4. Iyer C, Kailasapathy K. Effect of Co-encapsulation of Probiotics with Prebiotics on Increasing the Viability of Encapsulated Bacteria Under In-Vitro Acidic and Bile Salt Conditions and in Yogurt. Journal of Food Science. 2005; 70(1):M18-M23.
5. Guarino, MPL, Altomare A, Emerenziani S, et al. Mechanisms of Action of Prebiotics and Their Effects on Gastro-Intestinal Disorders in Adults. Nutrients; 2020;12(4):1037.
6. Nexira, Inc. How Fibregum™ Reinforces the Gut Barrier. World J Gastroenterol. 2014; 20(1):91- 99.
So much better than other probiotics!
It works good for me
Love this product. My whole family does. Let’s just say the pleasure of having a good gut and making the end an easy departure makes life better.
I find the 60 billion probiotic a very good product as it relieves constipation and helps to keep you regular. A benefit I found is that it also helps you to lose weight. I found no side effects taking the pill and it's easy to swallow. I highly recommend it to anyone who has problems with bowl movements.
This is an excellent Probiotic. I recommend it highly